10 August 2005

And I thought a mullet was a fish...

Maybe Ireland is more conservative than I ever thought. Or maybe the people of Catalunya are just stark raving bonkers. Either way, there is no accounting for tastes, as a quick glance at Barcelona youths will show you.

There seems to be two types of haircuts. 1. The Mullet, which consists of long top and back, and short sides. 2.The Mop, which seems to consist of ratty dreadlocks with a completely shaved front of head with the stubble dyed some ludicrusty colour. These haircuts and various combinations of them are popular with both sexes. Now, I have nothing against dreadlocks, even with pencils and coins in tow, but somehow this lot seem to make them look like dirty old rags, usually bound in an auld cut-off sleeve of a T-shirt. Imagine when informed of the trendy young things in Barcelona who "dress so stylishly", suddenly discovering these heathen heads! The little hairdresser inside all of us would be devistated, as mine so rightly was!

However I have put it all behind me, and single-handedly revived the coiffeur hopes of Barcelona by dying my hair orange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home