03 September 2005

The Shadow of the Wind


Carlos Ruiz Zafon wrote this beautiful story about Barcelona which was recommended to me by my mother. It is the story of a boy called Daniel and the Cemetary of Forgotten Books.

I have no books to read anymore, so Dani went out and decided to buy me one. Entrigued by his namesake on the cover, he bought me "The Shadow of the Wind". I had been planning to buy it as I only read it once and loved it, but he was upset I´d already bought it and tried to get me to return it. But I like it especially because he bought me it. I wandered around Barcelona anew, searching for the paths of the characters and remembering some of the history as I passed old churches and buildings.

Sometimes when I come home, I say to Dani "Would you like me to tell you what you did today?" and then I recount the tale of the shadow of the wind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home